Our Counseling Services in Ephrata, PA and Online
Individual, Couples, and Family Counseling Services
Looking for the right counseling services can seem cookie-cutter. No matter what, a counselor meets with you once a week. Or less. Sometimes, none of their services is a great fit.
We keep things flexible. We offer a range of counseling services in Ephrata, PA and online to fit your unique situation. You get exactly the help you need, as often as needed.
Imagine pulling out of your driveway. Suddenly the car makes a clunking noise. Then shuts off. And, now it wont start. You probably need a trusted mechanic to get your car working again.
Good mechanics get your car going again quickly. And they are good at it! Counselors are like mechanics for people. We are specifically trained to help people find freedom from obstacles. It doesn’t matter if they are immediate or long-term roadblocks. Individual counseling - also called mental health counseling, therapy, or psychotherapy - is simply how we help someone find the freedom to move forward.
|Individual Counseling Can Help With:|| What Is Counseling Like?|
|Every counselor is a little bit different. However, there are some similarities. Every counselor at Magill Counseling Associates:|
Sometimes, a couple will benefit from meeting together as a couple and also each meeting with their own individual counselor.
|Couples Counseling Can Help With:||Your Couples Therapist:|
- Defiant behavior
- Conflict with teenagers
- Conflict with children
- Difficult family members
- Children and teens with autism
- Difficulties with extended family
- Helping family member through their struggles
- And more!
Your Family Counselor:
- Listens – We listen to the concerns of each family member.
- Sets goals – We work with you to set goals for the family.
- Is direct – We identify roadblocks to success and directly address them.
- Motivates for progress – We help take the next steps forward.
- Refers – Sometimes individual counseling may be helpful for one or more family members. When this happens, you will be provided with an appropriate referral – whether that is another counselor here or with another provider.
- Values confidentiality – Everything you say stays in the room with your counselor. Your friends or family wont know you see a counselor unless you tell them. There are only 1 or 2 legally required exceptions to this (your counselor can explain these to you).
The family you want does not have to stay a dream. You can take steps today for you and your family!
If you or a family member are struggling with anxiety, depression, or behavioral struggles, give us a call! See how we can help you and your family become free from the obstacles to be the family you want!
- Live and real-time
- Audio and visual (think Skype or Facetime)
- We use Zoom for our online appointments
|What are the Benefits of Online Counseling?||What do I Need for Online Counseling?|
What we believe can be a profound help. It is a source of strength and hope. Faith can provide a light on the way forward!
Christian counseling is an approach to counseling that can be “added on” to other types of counseling. Christian counseling can take place in individual, couples, family, and group settings.
|What it is:||What it isn't:|